Tuesday, August 2, 2016

The Baby Room Is Open For Business

The idea of opening my own premises, especially dedicated to the health and well-being of Mum’s and babies has been developing for a number of years.  I think mothers are hugely undervalued by society.  We are expected to be all things to all people, often putting ourselves last.  Having three of my own children, I’m acutely aware of how much I rely on family and friends for help and support. I’m incredibly lucky in that I get it in spades. I am also aware that lots of mums aren’t so lucky.  I had my first son in Dublin and felt incredibly isolated.  I wasn’t prepared for the loneliness being at home with a new baby brings.  I wasn’t prepared for the utter exhaustion, the tears, the dependency on my husband for news of the outside world. I didn’t enjoy mothering until I found my village. I joined a breastfeeding group and went to sensory play classes. We did baby swimming and movie dates and found like-minded mamas to share our journey with. I became someone more than “Calum’s mum”.   I became a new version of me.
Look out for our signs leaving Fairgreen, towards Barrack Street 
My goal in establishing The Baby Room is to bring together my background in Social Care and my training in GentleBirth, Pilates, Baby Massage, Toddler Yoga and Mindfulness, to offer a multitude of classes designed to meet the needs of mums and their families at various different stages of the parenting journey.  Located in the heart of Carlow town, at the Fairgreen Shopping Centre, The Baby Room will open its doors, next Monday, August 8th.  It’s been a rollercoaster, but I can’t thank John Brophy and his team at the centre enough, for all of the help and encouragement.  I’m really excited to join the fold and bring an extra dimension to all of the great businesses already operating at the Fairgreen.

I’ve been working hard on developing my classes and creating a really lovely, welcoming space.  On Monday’s our Mommy & Me Pilates classes allow you to exercise while children play close by in our dedicated play area. Monday’s are also about Mindfulness at The Baby Room. We’ve got our Mindfulness for Kids classes in the afternoon and our Mindfulness for Pregnancy and Mums classes in the evening.  Tuesdays we have Toddler Yoga and two Pregnancy Pilates Classes, tailored to your stage of pregnancy.  Wednesday’s we’ve got a general early morning Pilates class and an up tempo Fusion class at lunch, while the evening is for Beginner’s. Thursdays are Baby Massage and Kids Pilates and on Friday mornings we’ll have our Drop & Shop, where you can leave kids to take part in a play workshop while you take advantage of the great shopping at the Fairgreen or just grab a well-earned cuppa. 
A sneak peek :)

Each Saturday we’ll have Toddler Yoga, followed by a different workshop each week, from Elf & Fairy house building, to Sensory Play to Master Builders and one weekend per month will be dedicated to the incredible GentleBirth programme, which encourages parents to prepare for a calm and confident birth experience.  And loads, loads more, including space for a cuppa and chat and our brand new treatment room.  All course information and booking is through our website www.thebabyroom.ie or calling 086 0569137.  Drop in and say hello!




No comments:

Post a Comment