Monday, July 13, 2015

Chocolate Mousse For My Dairy Free Goose(s)

This delicious, simple, healthy and most importantly for us dairy free chocolate mousse has just received a massive thumbs up from my older two. It's another rainy day and we are vegging with tv and duvets so this seemed like the perfect addition. My nearly four year old polished hers off, smacked her lips and proclaimed 'let's make it again, I really love it'.

Two happy customers 
I started the process by chopping and freezing two bananas.  This made plenty for my smallies but would need additional for adult portions or more kids. Ideally bananas should be frozen over night but definitely not for less than two hours.

Next I put a tin of coconut milk in the fridge. Again over night works best but a few hours is fine. Creamed coconut works too.  Refrigeration enables the cream to separate from the milk and rise to the top making it easy to scoop out and giving a lovely smooth texture to the mousse. I do the same when making coconut yoghurts.
Remove bananas from freezer
Once bananas are frozen remove from freezer. Open coconut milk and scoop out the cream on top.
Scoop out creamed coconut milk which rises to top during refrigeration
Add bananas and coconut milk to a nutribullet or blender. Add one tablespoon of cacao. I use Bioglan Organic.  If you prefer a stronger flavour add extra cacao. If you want a sweeter flavour add one teaspoon of agarve syrup or honey into the mix.

Add one teaspoon of agarve syrup 
Blend all ingredients 
Blitz all ingredients and voilĂ . One light, creamy, dairy free chocolate mousse.
Ready to be devoured

My taste testers 

No comments:

Post a Comment